Thursday, February 10, 2022

Book Review: A Little Red by Bethany Maines

A Little Red (3 Colors Trilogy #1)A Little Red by Bethany Maines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don’t usually read much paranormal much less shifter stories. But, I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and decided to give this one a try. This is also a “new to me” author. A story with shapeshifting wolves, fae, witches, warlocks, and vampires? If mermaids were included it’d be the perfect occult recipe.

I actually enjoyed this story much more than I thought I would. Liam and Scarlet were great characters and you could instantly root for them… even though they were both keeping secrets about themselves from the other. They are both alpha outside the bedroom but it’s very obvious that Liam is the alpha in the bedroom. We are introduced to Scarlet’s siblings who are the characters for the next two in the trilogy. I definitely hope we still see Liam and Scarlet in the rest of the series as secondary characters. This is a shorter read. The only reason it got 4 stars was because some of the scenes/writing was choppy but overall the story was great.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment