Saturday, February 26, 2022

Book Review: De Lucci's Obsession by Victoria Paige

De Lucci's ObsessionDe Lucci's Obsession by Victoria Paige
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book had a whole lot going on. We have Ava: loyal to her Irish American family, college student, and desperate to save her family’s pub. Then we have Cesar: member of one of the mob families, mysterious, and older brother to Ava’s childhood best friend, Paulie. Ava makes a few bad decisions and finds herself in trouble where Cesar saves the day. There is chemistry between Ava and Cesar but his mysterious ways are always coming in between them. I’m all for an alpha man but the word obsession doesn’t quite describe this. Cesar makes decisions concerning Ava that I’m not sure I could tolerate if it were my relationship. But, hey, this is Ava’s story so whatever she likes is what she likes. I’m glad that she was written as a strong, fiery woman and didn’t tolerate too much of Cesar’s $hit. The story behind Cesar’s mysterious business dealings was not expected (by me anyway). Overall, it was a good story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment