Sunday, February 6, 2022

Book Review: Less Than Zero Box Set by Kaylene Winter

Less Than Zero Box Set (Books 1 - 4)Less Than Zero Box Set by Kaylene Winter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I want to begin this review talking about the series as a whole before going into the individual books. I love how this series is written. I love that these individual novels are woven into each other and I get to see several different views of the same incidents. I love that while some events are mentioned briefly in one book, we get the bigger picture when it is some other character’s turn to have a book.

I also love the Behind The Scenes section at the end of each book. Reading these tidbits of information about each book really helps connect the dots in each story.

Book 1: Endless

In Book 1, we are introduced to Less Than Zero’s lead singer, Tyler aka Ty. Tyler comes from a troubled home and is taken under rockstar Carter’s wing (you meet Carter in the prequel). Zoey is a high school senior that is coming into young adulthood. They meet one night and their lives are set on a path of love, betrayal, and angst.

I loved Ty and Zoey’s story. Were there times I wanted to slap them into reality? Absolutely. But, reading their story made them make sense.

Book 2: Limitless

Book 2 is dedicated to the drummer, Jace and Alex, Zoey’s best friend. Because of Zoey and Alex’s friendship, we see some of the same events from Book 1 but through Jace and Alex’s eyes. This helped me to understand some of the events a little more and gave me different perspectives of the events. I was completely shocked at the ending; I did not see that coming at all!

Book 3: Fearless

Book 3 focuses on Connor and Ronni. We are introduced briefly to Ronni in previous books. Ronni’s story blew me away. It was written perfectly and I really felt for her. She is such a strong female main character. The prologue reveals the twist and the book is all about how Connor and Ronni got to the twist. In the previous books, Connor had a few hostile moments with Ty which were explained more in this book.

Book 4: Timeless

Book 4 is about Zane and Fiona. Zane is Carter’s son and Fiona is the daughter of the owner of the Mission where Carter and Lianne first met. They have been best friends since birth. This story is special because it is the history of their love for each other since childhood. This book has everything in it: childhood best friends, teen love/angst, family drama, misunderstandings, teen/young adult immaturity.


Now, my question is: Will Carter ever get a HEA or was the prequel the end of his story??


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment