Sunday, February 20, 2022

Book Review: The Devil Tainted Us by Shanjida Nusrath Ali

The Devil Tainted UsThe Devil Tainted Us by Shanjida Nusrath Ali
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don’t even know how to write this review. This is probably the darkest book I have read. I have read many books that are classified as dark romance. But, none of them even compare to this book. The opening pages set the tone… After reading the prologue, if you don’t know how dark this book is, don’t be surprised later. There’s romance, betrayal, murder, torture, and triggers galore.

Agatha is sent to an asylum by her evil brother in law. Eryx, one of the “priests” at the Magdalene Asylum falls for Agatha. But, he has his own secrets and demons. Can they survive the curse of Mery Heights?

This book just left me floored. When I thought it couldn’t get any darker, it shows me that it surely can. There were times my eyes got wide and I threw my hand over my mouth in utter shock. Is all of that a bad thing? Absolutely not. Shanjida Nusrath Ali can write 50 more books like this one and I’d be there for it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment