Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Book Review: Thorns of Malice by Maggie Cole

Thorns of Malice (Wilted Kingdom #2)Thorns of Malice by Maggie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok, Maggie Cole, I see you.

This is the second book in the Wilted Kingdom duet. And this one kept me so much more invested than the first one. I couldn’t put this one down. I started reading it a chapter or two at a time, but the minute I had an uninterrupted period of time, I finished it all.

Ivy is not as naive as she was 10 years ago. She’s found her backbone and is ready to make everyone pay… including Dax.

Dax hasn’t been the same since Ivy left and is determined to bring everyone that had wronged Ivy down.

Dax was the same old Dax… in a way. He was still devious and manipulative. But, this time he used his powers for good but in a bad way. If that makes sense. Dax had to prove a lot, even to me, that he was redeemable. And did he ever.

As for Avery, Bobby, and Cooper… Well, they got exactly what they deserved. Now, bear in mind that some of the events in this book are far-fetched (i.e. what is wrong with Ivy, what Dax used to get revenge on the others). But, it didn’t bother me as I see worlds in books as open for anything. If it makes sense in the book world then I’m all for it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment