Saturday, March 9, 2024

Book Review: Never Fall for the Bride's Father by Julia Kent

Never Fall for the Bride's Father (Whatever It Takes, #2)Never Fall for the Bride's Father by Julia Kent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book 2 in Julia Kent’s Whatever It Takes Series. The series follows the employees of a wedding protector business. I loved the first book and was excited for this one.

We met Katie in the first book since she is one of the co-owners of the business. I was excited for her story because I loved her character. However, it fell a little flat for me. I just couldn’t get into Patrick and Katie as a couple. They didn’t have the *spark* for me. I feel like Katie deserved a little more for her future than Patrick. While he might’ve been a great guy, his constant bringing up Clemmie (his late wife) was off-putting. I get that she was his first love, the mother of his daughter, and only deceased for 3 years, but he constantly brought her up and compared Katie to her.

I’ll continue on with the series even though this book wasn’t it for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment