Sunday, May 29, 2022

Book Review: By My Side by Essie Sylvan

By My SideBy My Side by Essie Sylvan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved, loved, loved this story. Bethany is a college athlete from a bad home. Bryce is a rich kid who plays hockey but doesn’t intend to pursue professional hockey. Neither are looking for a relationship when they bump into each other at a party. But, hey, here we are. We get a glimpse into their love story, their pasts, their thoughts. This story is like we are right there watching a friend navigate life. Bethany doesn’t want Bryce to know how bad her home life is. Bryce believes his high society parents will accept Bethany as she is. Let’s just say that both “meet the parents” situations didn’t go well. Add in a creepy ex-girlfriend and it’s a recipe for an angsty romance. Both Bethany and Bryce need to do some growing while apart to be successful and that was the agonizing part of the story. I loved Bryce’s sister, Petra and hope there is more for her in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment