Thursday, May 19, 2022

Book Review: High Meadow by Freya Barker

High Meadow (High Mountain Trackers, #1)High Meadow by Freya Barker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book 1 of a new series called the High Mountain Trackers. I was a little hesitant at first to start this series because I’m not usually a fan of this age bracket for characters. But, I figured it’s a new series and if I didn’t like book 1 then I didn’t have to continue with the series.

However, this book is amazing and it seems the series will be just as amazing as this book. We are introduced to the main characters of this story first. Alexandra “Alex” is an animal lover who moved to Montana and now runs a horse rescue from her farm. Jonas is a former special ops guy who runs a horse ranch in Montana. Their first meeting didn’t go well at all; their second meeting was almost as bad. They both have preconceived notions about the other. We also are introduced to the other members of the High Mountain Trackers, a group of Jonas’ special ops brothers who use their military training to help in searches as well as work on Jonas’ ranch.

Between the tension of these two characters as well as the typical drama of running a ranch and a rescue, we have some escapees on the loose. Jonas and his team are called out to help look for them. Then there’s some strange events on Alex’s farm. Jonas and Alex must navigate through their growing feelings for each other as well as the dangers the escapees pose.

Book was amazing. I gave it 4.5 stars technically (I don’t round up when I select stars). While the story itself was great, I had a hard time connecting with Alex and Jonas as a couple for a while. Eventually they wore me down though.While reading this I got some Yellowstone vibes, just a little tamer in attitudes.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment