Sunday, May 29, 2022

Book Review: Devil's Pawn by Natasha Knight

Devil's Pawn (The Devil's Pawn, #1)Devil's Pawn by Natasha Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Devil’s Pawn is the first book in a duet. This duet is a spin off of another series; a series I haven’t read. I won’t lie. There were times I was a tad confused about “The Society” because this was my first time reading about them. As for the enemies to lovers story, that is apart from the other series and the characters can stand alone. Jericho St James hates the Bishop family. There was a history between the two families and Jericho’s breaking point was when a Bishop caused him to lose a loved one. So, what’s a shady society member to do? Of course use loopholes to exact his revenge. Unfortunately Isabelle Bishop is collateral damage in Jericho’s revenge plot.

Despite the fact that the St James family is a bit sketchy, I like them. They show promise and I truly believe they can be redeemed. In the St James household there is Jericho, his brother Zeke, his mom, and his daughter Angelique. I loved all of these characters for various reasons. There were some other key characters from Isabelle’s family and let me tell you, they are even more sketchy than the St James clan.

This book does end on a cliffhanger. However, you are left needing the outcome of the cliffhanger event.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment