Sunday, January 16, 2022

Book Review: From Salt to Skye by Adriane Leigh

From Salt to SkyeFrom Salt to Skye by Adriane Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Before I begin this review, let me state that nowhere was I told that this was a paranormal book. Maybe I should have inferred that from the blurb, I’m not sure. I am not against that genre so it was not a problem; I just prefer to know the exact genre I am getting into when I start reading. If paranormal is not an issue for you, then give this book a chance. If it’s a deal breaker for you, then I don’t suggest it.

The storyline had me invested from the start. I found myself trying to play detective while reading and became suspicious of everyone Fable encountered. By the time I realized I was reading a paranormal book, I was so invested in the mystery, there was no way I could quit reading it. {Personally, even if paranormal isn’t your cup of tea, the book isn’t really heavy paranormal but just enough} In my opinion, the mystery in itself was the main focus of the book with a bit of attraction between Fable and Adler thrown in.

This would’ve been a five star review if it wasn’t for the fact that some parts were a little confusing at times. A few times I had to re-read sections because I got a little lost in the story. The ending was worth the time it took to read it. There was no lame explanation for the disappearances of the women Fable learned about. The paranormal part of the story was woven in in a way that made sense to the story itself (even if it doesn’t make sense in the real world). Since I didn’t know beforehand that the book was paranormal, the actual paranormal twist was completely unexpected to me (in a good way).


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment