Friday, September 30, 2022

Book Review: Brutal Intentions by Lilith Vincent

Brutal IntentionsBrutal Intentions by Lilith Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Two tropes I hate: cheating and step-anything with step-anything. So why did I read this? The blurb made it sound a little too good to pass up. This book with two tropes I hate ended up being a high 4 (around 4.5, maybe 4.6) stars for me. Crazy…

Laz, the MMC is married to Giulia and the step-father to her 3 daughters. Mia, the MFC is the youngest daughter and still lives at home with her mom and step-dad. Laz is essentially being controlled by his brothers. He is also very juvenile in his behavior. I was put off by it at first but then equated it with him acting just as he’s treated. I feel like even his wife treats him like a juvenile.

I feel bad for Mia. She is treated so badly by… well, everyone. I love the relationship she has with her one sister, Rieta (and what's the story with Rieta and her husband? There is definitely a story there).

Ok, so on to the actual story. Mia is 18 and still in high school. Laz is 29. They have a hate/love relationship. Mia has a secret which Laz finds out and uses against her. The steamy scenes were great. Laz’s brothers have demands of him but he’s not interested… at least not the exact demands. He has his own plan. And it’s a doozy. He lost points with me with that plan.

The ending was perfect and a great conclusion to their story. The only reason I didn’t give this a 5 is because of how immature Laz was for about 85% of the book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment