Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Book Review: The Exception by Eva Winners

The ExceptionThe Exception by Eva Winners
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

NOTE: This is a republished story about Kristoff and Gemma. Changed from single to dual POV and story revised. I did not read the first version so I cannot compare the two. I can only give my thoughts based on this version.

As I was reading the prologue, I started thinking “Could it be possible that Eva has written something I won’t enjoy?” But, that thought was completely gone within the first few actual chapters.

Kristoff is a billionaire ex-special ops turned businessman. Genevieve is a widow with three daughters.

The prologue gives a back story into Genevieve’s first marriage. The rest of the book is Kristoff and Genevieve’s story. Kristoff needs a new administrative assistant; Genevieve, also called Gemma, needs a job to support herself and her daughters. Gemma interviews for the position without knowing that the job entails much more assisting than of the administrative kind. She turns down the job on that principle alone. Kristoff the hottie talks her into a 2 month trial period of just administrative assisting work; she accepts for the paycheck.

The rest of the book? These two fighting their attraction… and giving into their attraction. Repeat. A couple of Ashford brothers are involved in this book (brothers of Aurora from Alexi) and a Nico mention! I love how these worlds interconnect with each other.

Gemma has scars from her first marriage. Kristoff has a b!tch of an ex-wife and before it’s over you want her to “disappear”. But, Gemma and Kristoff are perfect for one another. After I got past the initial “The audacity of this man…”, I was like these two belong together. I truly believe they went through some messed up years so they could appreciate each other when they found each other. If they ever pulled their heads out of their… you know where long enough to see it.

I cannot wait to read the next book since this book is an intro into the Billionaire Kings series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment