Sunday, September 25, 2022

Book Review: Veil by M.A. Foster

VeilVeil by M.A. Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Somehow this became one of my top reads in 2022. I didn’t go into thinking it would even come close to be towards the top but it was definitely a welcome surprise.

First, this was the perfect length for me. It didn’t seem too short or too long. I was kind of put off by the prologue, but as I continued to read I realized it was important to the story. When it came to Makayla, I felt her emotions as I read. I felt the betrayal, the excitement, the fear. I connected to this character, which tells you how well it was written. Was the male main character obsessed with Makayla. I would admit that he was a bit, but it was a “bad bit”. The book had some dark moments, but nothing too dark if that makes any sense. The age - gap romance was well written with good, fleshed out characters.

I hope there are more books written for this world because all of the characters intrigue me and I have questions about them that I hope to see answered one day.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment