Thursday, September 1, 2022

Book Review: Amor in the 305 by Shelly Cruz

Amor in the 305Amor in the 305 by Shelly Cruz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! From the beginning to the end I was completely invested in these characters and their stories.

Sol had finally broken free from a horrible relationship and thought about moving away from Boston. During a girls trip to Miami, she decided that Miami would be the perfect place for a fresh start. During her last night in Miami she meets Amaury and the two seemingly hit it off. But, Sol has trust issues (rightfully so) and isn’t looking to start a new relationship with a man she doesn’t know.

Months later she moves to Miami. While shopping for a scooter, she runs into Amaury at the scooter shop he runs with his best friend. He slowly starts breaking down her walls and she learns to love again.

Then both of their pasts come back and smacks them in the face. Sol doesn’t trust Amaury anymore. Amaury has to save Sol from her trauma.

It sounds all kinds of messy. But, trust me it’s not. It’s an amazing story. Their individual stories have you in your emotions. I even shed a few tears when Amaury talked about escaping Cuba. This book tackled some issues (domestic violence, Cuba) in a factual way. I also loved the use of “Spanglish” in the book. I know enough Spanish that I could have understood all of the Spanish as written but loved that the spanglish was there to make it easy for those who have no understanding of Spanish. I also loved the authenticity of Amaury having trouble translating his Spanish thoughts into the English language. It made this book that much more real.

Be sure to read the note at the end. It explains so much behind this book and will have you in your emotions again.

This is easily one of my top books of the year.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment