Saturday, October 1, 2022

Book Review: Give Me Love by Corinne Michaels

Give Me LoveGive Me Love by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had been waiting for this book since the end of Help Me Remember. The ending of that book brought us to the opening of this book.

We’ve learned that Emmett is married and apparently no one in his inner circle was aware of it. His wife, Blakely, was his best friend in the military and their marriage was more of the “on paper, of convenience” variety. However, Blakely is investigating a missing girl and her investigation leads her to Rose Canyon and Emmett.

They both have unresolved feelings about what happened two years ago. And they both love the other and are trying to deny it.

Now, I almost rage quit reading this at 67%. I was ready to call it a day and give the book 3 stars and move on to the next on my TBR list. Not because of the writing or even the plot as a whole. I just didn’t like the twist that was thrown at me and I decided to act like a toddler that was told no. However, I eventually thought “maybe it won’t be so bad” so I kept reading and at 80% my rage was gone. When I tell you my emotions were everywhere, my emotions were everywhere. I was happy, mad, angry, shocked, happy, shocked. I went through it all sometimes more than once.

Of course the epilogue sets us up for the next book and I can’t wait to read that one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment