Saturday, August 13, 2022

Book Review: You Weren't Mine Then by Lily Baines

You Weren't Mine ThenYou Weren't Mine Then by Lily Baines
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finn and Anne/Jane’s story is my favorite of the Riviera View series. I absolutely loved their story. This is a story full of angst and slow burn. Finn captures your heart as the guy who does what is right. Jane is the sweet girl who always puts others before herself.

Finn and Jane became friends in high school when she tutored him. Years later they shared an incredible week together and believed they had a future together… until they didn’t. Finn’s recent past caught up with them and kept them apart for over a decade. But, does true love ever really die?

The two meet again. Jane now goes by her middle name, Anne and Finn decides to throw caution to the wind and try to win back his true love.

I enjoyed reading their story, past and present, from both points of view. The secondary characters really made the story. I enjoyed the tidbits from the previous books’ characters. Max, Finn’s son, is the sweetest kid ever. And don’t get me started on Avery. I wasn’t a fan of hers in the second book and I definitely couldn’t stand her in this one. However, I also want to know her story… and meet a man who can actually tame her.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment