Sunday, April 17, 2022

Book Review: Deceive Me by Vi Carter

Deceive Me (Broken People Duet, #1)Deceive Me by Vi Carter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I went back and forth on my star rating on this one. I even agonized over it. I was going to give it a 2 then decided to give it a 3. The ending, probably the last couple of pages, gave it a good 3.5 stars. The blurb sounded amazing which is why I wanted to read this book.

However, the story left me a little disappointed. Jared and Layla were both in the same foster home as kids. An incident led for Layla to be taken in by a nice, loving couple. She lost contact with Jared. Years later, they reconnected… sort of. Her past protector was no longer the sweet boy she remembered. The whole story left me… confused.

I never bought into Jared and Layla as a potential couple. The chemistry just wasn’t there for me. Because, quite honestly, after the way he treated her I wouldn’t want to be a couple with him.

Onto the last few pages… that was the best part of the whole book. It set up an amazing cliffhanger. I call it amazing because even though this book fell short in every other area, this one scene makes me need to read the next book just so I can see how it plays out.

Also, this is not a spicy read so if spice is what you are looking for you won’t find it here.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment