Friday, September 18, 2015

Release: Trigger by Kirsty-Anne Still

Title: Trigger (Pericolo #2.5. Full length standalone)
Author: Kirsty-Anne Still
Release Date: Sept 18, 2015
Find on Goodreads
I used to watch her through the lights. I watched as her body turned and twisted as she morphed into my siren.
I wanted her—I craved every ounce of Ryleigh Turner. But I knew once I had her, all I would do was corrupt every inch of her pretty little soul.
Valentinos aren't made for tales of love. We star in the horror stories you fear.
We're the monsters that make you scared to ever hope again.
It's time that she realises that.
****
He's watched me for months, given me every reason to allow my curiosity to start killing me slowly.
He makes the world melt away; he makes me want to throw all my inhibitions away and greet him personally. But every time the music ends and the lights lift, he vanishes, crushing my hopes.
Until one day, a moment of chance happens.
How does a man like Dante Valentino cope with a woman as messed up as me?
Easy.
I let him have every inch of my tainted soul.
***
Not all love stories have a beautiful start.
Some just need a perfect trigger.
**This is a dark romance with intense scenes of murder and sex. There is coarse language used throughout. Not for the faint hearted.
I hit my brake, stopping midway down the deserted road, and turn to her. Now that I can force my entire attention upon her, I stare her down from the perch where she’s laughing hysterically.
“Are you deaf or just stupid?” I ask her, anger flaring into my words. “You’re a bit of fun, something I don’t often have. I told you how you were part of a game to me. You enlisted this choice and I will give you the chance to leave, but that chance will go away. You wanted to be inquisitive enough to follow me to that fucking club and not leave then you’ll stand by my side and witness what is that men like me do. You’ll see how the other fucking half lives, Ryleigh. You’ll live, eat, and breathe my life until you can’t cope. You hear me?”
“And when does my get-out card expire?” she asks in a lamenting tone, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Why?” I ask her, cocking a brow at her with incredulity. “Want to use it already?”
“No, you asshole, I want to know when you can stop holding it over my fucking head.” She scowls at me, her eyes glowering with anger. “Now deflate the ego, calm your temper, and fucking drive, Dante.”
I remain unmoved but offer one more question. “I can take it away now if that’s what you want?”
“Then do that!” she roars, throwing her arms up in the air. “Don’t give me a fucking chance to run away. If you want to drag me down with you, then just fucking do it. I can’t be dealing with the games that go with it. I’m stupid, I’m deaf, I’m whatever you want me to be, but don’t be like all the other men in my life who have treated me as if I’m not capable. Don’t treat me as if I’m going to fucking crack and break, as if I’m not worth the leap of faith. Be different and have a little faith in me without even knowing all that much about me.”
I notice the ebb of desperation that resonates in her tone. She’s almost diluted the rife fury in the air, bringing us back down to a new level of understanding. I see her chest heave on heated breaths, and she looks almost exasperated. There’s a lot to this woman I don’t know, and while I’ll take pleasure in breaking her down piece by beautiful piece, I know she won’t be an easy feat.
“I’ll leave it on the table until midnight,” I mutter, twisting back to face the steering wheel, preparing to continue our journey. “After tonight, it’s gone.”
“Whatever,” she murmurs, carelessly. “I won’t need it.”
“We’ll see,” I tell her, putting my foot on the gas to accelerate. “You want me to do my worst. It’s all about to begin when you set foot outside of this car again.”
I used to be just another Fanfiction writer! That was until one person showed real interest in my work. And then another, and then another, until I had this whole group of people reviewing like crazy and wanting original work from me. I’d spent years writing for free online, I didn’t believe I had it in me to publish something!
But I’m glad I did!! I never imagined pushing my work and striving to reach my ultimate. I never imagined I’d be the girl who started The Viper Rooms! But who am I to deny the inspiration when it hits?
I love writing, it’s a lifeline. I love creating a world that others fall into. I love having the control to make a whole new world. It’s like a dependency, an addictive one. It’s one of the things I’m extremely proud of.
As much as I complain, I love the mini dialogues that go on in my head, the plotlines that attack me when I least expect them to. The ones that jump to life at the most inappropriate times and drive me totally crazy!!
For now I split my life between writing, dreaming, working, and volunteering with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment