Saturday, March 5, 2022

Book Review: My Husband's Fiancee by Wendy Owens

My Husband's Fiancee (My Husband's Fiancee #1)My Husband's Fiancee by Wendy Owens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you were a fan of Gone Girl or The Girl on the Train, you will love this book too. I absolutely loved this book! It does end on a cliffhanger and book 2 finishes up the story.

Elizabeth (aka Liz) is in prison for the murder of her husband’s mistress. The prison is merely just a place where Liz currently resides so it’s not a major thing in the book. The only mentions of it are to introduce Liz’s current life and a couple of prisoners that are important to Liz. The majority of the book is flashbacks and Liz’s conversations with herself.

One day Liz gets a visit from someone not on her approved visitor list - it’s her husband’s new fiancee, Dr. Evelyn Powell. Liz hopes that by hearing her story that a) Evelyn will help her clear her name and b) she can save Evelyn from the same fate as her. Through these conversations, we hear Liz’s side of the story from the beginning. But, all Evelyn wants is for Liz to sign the divorce papers so she and Nathan can marry.

We are left with a cliffhanger that sets up the plot of the second book. I was completely entranced by this book. I loved trying to figure out how the story was going to play out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment