Monday, June 13, 2022

Book Review: Ruthless Heart by Roxy Sloane

Ruthless Heart (Flawless Book 4)Ruthless Heart by Roxy Sloane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew I had to read the Ruthless Trilogy when I finished the Flawless Trilogy. I needed to see how Nero Barretti’s story played out from the end of the other trilogy.

Nero and Lily knew each other from the past. Lily’s father worked for Nero’s father and she fell in love with Nero as a teenager. Then her dad turned on the Barrettis and she had to leave for the Witness Protection Program. Now she’s left with nobody but her brother while Nero wants revenge on her family.

The book opens up with the current time which is 10 years after Lily’s family entered the program. Nero spots her working on the other side of the country. She makes a deal with him: she’ll help him obtain the vote he’s trying to get if he’ll spare her and her brother.

This is where everything gets complicated. Can she follow through with her end? Can she trust Nero to uphold his end? Do they still have real feelings for each other? And who else is pursuing Lily for her help? This book has everything you need. Tension, violence, secrets… I finished this in one sitting because it was that good. I can’t wait to read the second book in the trilogy because I have to know what happens after the ending of this book!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment