Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Release Blast: Shifting Shadows by Barb Shuler



Shifting Shadows
Published Date: April 17, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Thriller; Urban Fantasy

Cover Design by: MadHat Books
Photography: CJC Photography
Models: Gus Caleb Smyrnios and Jeremiah Buoni

Purchase your copy today!
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK


Even the shadows hold secrets

You would think shifting into a creature of the night would garner some respect, right? Wrong! At least not for these Guardians.

Guardians are Shifters that live within the shadows of the human world. Humans have no knowledge of their existence. Contact between Guardians and Humans is forbidden. It is their most sacred law. However, when a human is attacked, things change for both worlds.

Ancient prophecies speak of a union that will regenerate life from the past – a past some in the supernatural world wish would remain buried.

But, buried secrets have a way of coming back to haunt us when we least expect it.






Excerpt:

“You know a lot about shifters, you have said as much, but do you know about mated pairs?” I asked, my eyes meeting hers.
“Mated pairs are not as easy to find as shifters themselves, most men of the shifter world are overprotective and keep their mates well hidden.”
“Ahh, yes, this is true. Mates are very special to the survival of the species, however, there are a few like Horacio and myself that-”
“Choose dicks over chicks? Yeah, I got that.” She grinned at us both. I threw my head back and laughed, as did Horacio.
“Yeah, that’s one way to put it,” he said as he moved to sit in the chair by the couch. “Ty wasn’t always on the same team, he was brought over to the darkside when the bond between us kicked in.”
“What he means is-”
“You played the field? Batted for both teams?” she asked, her head cocking to the side. I snorted. Damn she was cute and playful when she let her guard down.
“Something like that. Life was complicated for a shifter when I first came around. My clan originated in Alaska. I left them to be a lone wolf - so to speak - when I became of age. My bear was restless, he was pulling me further and further from home and then it happened. I woke to find the guardian marking on me. My bear took over then. I roamed, fighting the evil in the world until I got to Oregon.”
“Then he tried to eat me and the rest is history,” Horacio supplied, his face showing no emotion. I side eyed him. His cocky grin was back. I sighed and shook my head. “That was not my fault. You, my dear mate, were the one that was running in the woods. Alone. Not my fault you smelled like lunch.”
“Whoa,” Jasmine said. Her eyes a little wider now. I grinned at her.
“You see, what he fails to tell you is that he had been on a hunt, our animals need that from time to time. He’d had rabbit. The blood was on his skin and my bear likes rabbit.” I shrugged.
“You eat poor little rabbits!?” she shrieked. My eyes widened as she jumped off the couch and moved to me, poking my chest. “You big bully. What did those poor little things ever do to you?” Each time she poked my chest the desire to pull her closer took over. The bonds and my bear were calling out to her. A rumble escaped me as I grabbed her hand and pressed it to my chest. Her chest was heaving as she met my gaze.
I leaned down, my frame towering over her as I closed my eyes and took in her scent. Fuck! My cock throbbed against my jeans as she whispered my name. My eyes opened and I knew they’d changed to the glowing gold of my bear. She licked her lips and it wasn’t until Horacio came up behind her and pushed us closer together that I spoke.
“Hmm… rabbits are just for fun. I think I’d rather eat you though.” My words brushed softly against her skin as I run my hand along her side.
“St-stop trying to distract me…” she panted out. I smirked. The T-shirt - my T-shirt - she had on rode up as my fingers brushed against her skin. Her body was warm between us as she whimpered Horacio’s name. His lips had worked their way up the other side of her neck.
“Is this distracting?” I asked as she shoved at my chest. It was half hearted but I still stopped and met her gaze. This would go any way she wanted it. Our animals may call to her but we would never push ourselves on her. No meant no.

© Copyright 2018 Barb Shuler

Purchase your copy today!
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK


Shattered Lives Series
My Own Nightmare / Somewhere I Belong / Shatter Me Whole /
Sparks Of Deception / Living In Your Hell

The Cowboy Way Series
Wrangled By Love

A Rescue Series Novella
A Marshal’s Courage

Standalones
Primal Darkness

Anthologies
Dirty Fairy Tales Anthology - What Big Teeth
The Parlour Anthology - Ultimate Control

Coloring Books
Shaded With Love: A Coloring Book for a Cause Vol 5


I’m a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth... so I have a Texas-sized temper. Living and working in both states I’ve learned a lot about hard work, adapting to your surroundings and making the best of the path that you have been led down. My grandma Dollie once told me I would know what I was meant to do when it happened. She was right, as always.
As with most book lovers, I am an avid reader. Reading has always been a hobby - a passion, really. Reading helps to expand the perimeters of one's mind. That is what got me to start writing as a kid. If I had paper...or a wall... I was writing. Words are a part of us all. Why not use them, right?
During the day I work as a ‘desk jockey’ and help the residents of my county navigate themselves around our little, but not too little country town. By night I am either blogging, doing PA work for some of my favorite authors or I am fighting with the voices in my head. (They can be stubborn at times.) It’s a way to cope and make the troubles of the day disappear, if only for a few hours. It’s a blessing and I am cherishing every moment. For that which is my creation, may become someone else's treasure.
Tomorrow is never guaranteed so I want to make sure I live the day as fully as possible.

~ Connect with Barb here ~


No comments:

Post a Comment